Christmas Countdown

torsdag 11. august 2011

Happy Birthday

I let myself inspire by the sketch over at Magnolia Down Under Challenges to make a birthdaycard in yellowcolours. I think yellow is a difficult colour to work with. Often when I use it, I have to do like I've done this time - it has to be monochromatic...
I borrowed Hedda's Cuttlekidmachine to make the letters for the birthdaygreeting. I like this font a lot :)
After gluing the letters down I covered them with GlossyAccents - I think it makes such a lovely 3D-effect.
All edges are "torn and ripped" and distressed. I used DistressInk PumiceStone on the edges.
The butterflies are "painted" with crystalstickles. I have several butterflypunches, but it's always this one, from Martha Stewart, I come to use - strange...
I've decorated the inside just using some of the elements from the frontside.
The labels are made with a Spellbinderdie.

So - here's the challenges I'll enter my yellow birthdaycard into:
Magnolia Down Under Challenges - Sketch
Just Magnolia - Anything Goes/ Glitter
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Happy Birthday
Tuesday Throwdawn - Birthday
Craft Us Crazy - Anything Goes




7 kommentarer:

  1. lovely, I do love that Tilda image she is so cute
    thanks for sharing with us at magnolia down under
    hugs
    Denise

    SvarSlett
  2. How adorable! I find it hard working with yellow, too...probably more than any other color. You did a fab job...cute as can be with all the distressing and I really like the sheet music. Thanks for joining Tuesday Throwdown this week.

    SvarSlett
  3. This is just beautiful. I love all the detail work and of course, those butterflies are just wonderful.

    Thank you for joining us at Craft Us Crazy.

    SvarSlett
  4. Beautiful card, love the colors.
    Thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia and hAngler.

    Hugs, Mindy

    SvarSlett
  5. Gorgeous card, inside and out!
    Thanks for playing at MDUC this week,
    Hugs Kylie

    SvarSlett
  6. This is beautiful. Stunning design. I want to try to design like this for the Plastic cards, if you don't mind. I like it.

    SvarSlett
  7. Gorgeous card with unique design and eye pleasing shade and especially background is awesome...

    SvarSlett