Christmas Countdown

mandag 25. juni 2012

Christmas in June

Yesterday I finally managed to photograph this months christmascards.
I am so happy to still be in the challenge at Hjertebodens Juleblogg, where they want us to make three christmascards/ -projects each month. I know that it may be hard to find the right spirit to make christmascards for the next couple of months, but with som nice christmasmusic, an inspirational magazine and som lighted candles I'm sure I'll find the christmasspirit ;)
This months challenge at Hjertebodens Juleblogg was "Vintage Look", and I've done my best to make vintage christmascards - though I must say they may look more shabby-vintage than just vintage...

On this first one I've used a Magnolia-image, papers from Magnolia and also a Magnolia DooHickey. Other dies are Spellbinders. The border on the backing panel is made with a Martha Stewart punch. All edges are distressed and inked with DistressInk Walnut Stain.
This image is one of the first I've coloured with my new DistressMarkers.
Inside I used the same sketch as on the frontside, but skipped the decorations. 
The text is from Kreativ Hobby.
My first christmascard also go for the challenges at:
PaperPlay Challenges - Use a die (I think I've used 4 different dies here)
Allsorts - Any Die Will Do


My second card is an easelcard. I used a magnolia-image here too. The designpapers are from Papirdesign (I think). One of them I painted over with thin white paint, to get a lighter, whitewashed look on the "wood". 
The text is from North Star Stamps and the "God Jul"-Greeting is fromPapirdesign, the little greeting on the tag is from Ladybug & Friends.
The swirl and the leaves are whitepainted, the white poinsettiaflower I painted with GlimmerGlam glitterpain "Chandelier".
Of course I used DistressInk WalnutStain on all edges.

On this image I'm back to ProMarkers again :)
Here's the card opened. It has quite a large writingpanel...
My second christmascard will be entered into these challenges:
CHNC - Let's get Inky
Crimbo Crackers - Anything Goes


On my third card I used Edwin (also a Magnolia-image), this one too is coloured with ProMarkers. I used several redtones to mix what I felt was the right redtone for his suit.
Papers on this card is from MajaDesign
On the furry parts of the suit I used Glitter Stickles Diamond, so in the right light it really sparkles.
Around the image I put on lots of tiny pearls, made with Liquid Pearls White Opal. Between the image and the doily I put some cheesecloth and a piece of lace. I used a lacy punch (Martha Stewart) on one of the backing panels on this card too.
The tag can be pulled out, and has a little greeting (from Kort&Godt):

The "Top"-inside has a greeting from Norsk Stempelblad AS.
The border on the greetingpanel is made with a Nellie's-die (DistressInk WalnutStain on all edges inside as well):
The lower part of the inside, plenty of space for a personal christmasgreeting:
The backside, just waiting for my personal stamp:
I'll enter my third christmascard into these challenges too:
Tilda's Town - Edwin


I actually made four vintage looking christmascards this month :)
The fourth is more clean and simple - here I let the papers do most of the job ;)
On this one I used an image from a PionDesign-paper. The papers and tags are also Pions.
I put on a little cheesecloth, lace and some flowers, and stamped a greeting on one of the tags.
Again, all edges are inked with DistressInk WalnutStain.
Inside the card I used the same paper, and stamped a christmaspoem onto it:
Close-up of the poem:
...and here's the backside:


Thanks a lot for stopping by, I really appreciate all visits and comments 
:)


9 kommentarer:

  1. Totally gorgeous cards - thanks for getting inky for my CHNC challenge 78 - hope to see you again soon. x

    SvarSlett
  2. What a lovely card!
    Beautiful colors and what I funny Edwin!
    Thanks for joining us at CCWS!

    SvarSlett
  3. Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town this week Lisbeth..
    Your cards are great but Edwin is amazing..
    Hope we'll bee seeing more of your work at Tilda's Town in the future..
    Hugs, Tina

    SvarSlett
  4. WOW You have been busy with your cards, all of which are gorgeous!!! Edwin looks so gorgeous and I love the papers and lace you have used for him. Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at Tilda's Town this week
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    SvarSlett
  5. What a pretty card ;o)
    Thank you for joining us at Tilda's Town this week.

    SvarSlett
  6. You've been busy, and organised-Christmas cards in June?
    They're all lovely though
    Thanks for joining us for this challenge at
    Tilda's Town Challenges
    Hugs, Becky x

    I've got candy on my blog if youre interested http://attic-crafter.blogspot.co.uk/

    SvarSlett
  7. nice card

    tnks for joining us at IAMC

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    SvarSlett
  8. What amazing christmas cards! Thank you so much for entering it in our challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!

    SvarSlett
  9. Just gorgoeus. Sheila.x

    SvarSlett